Since 2011, several lovely individuals have tried building a sustainable lifestyle in Austin, Texas. Starting with an agricultural yield, we have transitioned into a milking program.--
To learn the best homesteading practices, so that we may build a sustainable lifestyle on a 1-acre plot. This information will then be used to educate others on a simpler way of life. We want to grow our own food, ride our own horses, and make friends with animals.
What We've Achieved
- 1,750 sq. ft. annual garden, with veg production for five.
- Permaculture designed system to support a tree orchard with a specialization for hybridized citrus.
- Constructed a goat pen, goat tee-pee, and octagonal porch to support a herd of seven.
- Cleared a horse corral to house two powerful ponies, and a beautiful mule.
- Native Texas pollinator to bring in our beloved bee friends
- Proud parents of the pig, the myth, the legend, "Notorious P.I.G."
- Overall just some super happy kids living in the woods.